Max swam in his first pre-competitive swim meet last Thursday. He just turned 5, so anything these thirty (40? 50?) pre-compet swimmers did besides drowning was a crowd-pleaser.
Yes, those are the same Spider-Man goggles you may be familiar with & yes, I let him wear a wetsuit. Don't ask.
Here he is "swimming" the freestyle (yep, that's freestyle) with Coach Tyler.
Max convinced me he would swim the whole way without stopping if he could wear his wetsuit "so Coach Tyler will just hold my wetsuit string so I know he's there." So I guess it's not just me who thinks Max could drown.
Here he is, demonstrating the "breaststroke." hmmmm.....
......I don't remember the breaststroke involving vertical body positioning, but oh well, he's still, not stopping!
What Max lacked in speed, he made up for in fan base. GG and Grandpa Young came to congratulate him...
...Brad still can't believe his kids are on a swim team *gasp*
Grandma Connie came to watch...Granny Thea was there too, but Maxwell was done taking photos by the time we made it over to her.
Can't participate in a youth sport without the trophy ceremony.
Max was SO PROUD of his FIRST SWIMMING trophy.
"Mom, I think I'm going to keep this in my room annnnnnd play with it a little, OK?"
First swim coach, Coach Tyler, an admirer of Max's wetsuit. But really, who isn't?








Woohoo!!! The blog is back!!! The pic of him doing the breaststroke is so cute!!
ReplyDelete